Saturday, May 19, 2012

Advisor Webcast Inter-window Communication (IWC)


On May 15 Oracle held an Advisor Webcast on Inter-window Communication. In my opinion one the most exciting features added in PeopleTools 8.52. IWC makes it possible to have Pagelets communicate with each other on homepages, dashboards, workcenters and related content. This really brings an interactive Dashboard experience to PeopleSoft in the way Webcenter does this for the Oracle Fusion MiddleWare stack. And the best thing about it, is that it does not require any customization by a developer, all functionality is available in front-end PeopleSoft application to be used by the Business Analyst.


To download the PDF of the Advisor Webcast click on this link.

To download the recorded Advisor Webcast click on this link.

At one moment in the Advisor Webcast it was time for a live demo. Surprised and a bit honored I saw a recorded demo created by me. If you want to know how I created this IWC recorded demo, see my previous blog on IWC.

2 comments:

  1. Danielle2:33 PM

    Haken,
    I have followed your example for IWC, but have not been able to get it to work. I also contacted Oracle support and they also can't get IWC to work. They told better documentation will be published by 2nd quarter 2013. Are you willing to share your code? I would like to use it as a guide to see if I can get IWC to wrk.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,

    The great thing about IWC is that you do not have to code anything!
    See this blog on an example how to set it up.
    http://bloggingaboutoracle.com/create-interactive-dashboard-interwindow-communication-iwc/

    Hakan

    ReplyDelete